Palm Tree Issues

Anybody into horticulture? Mac is not lookin' very good.

I brought him in really late from outside. His soil was really hard and he was yellow with brown tips. So, stupid me, went to work trimming the brown tips. I also gave him fertilizer seeds and water (duh). Look at him! Poor guy.



All of his leaves are turned up underneath him like he's embarrassed. Have I mutilated my baby?



There is hope at the top. Some green leaves are appearing.

I'm just hoping one of you has a palm tree hobby.

Comments

Kara said…
The new growth is encouraging!
I don't really know much about tropical plants, but this guy might've outgrown his container. You could try repotting into a little bigger pot with some nice fresh potting soil and see if that helps. This might be a fun project for your hubby to do, I don't want you lifting too much!
I'm all about fresh soil, but won't he get bigger? We don't want that.
Amanda Irene said…
Usually a pot size will keep growth down. Maybe the #-#-# on the fertilizer was wrong? Looks like you are going to lose the leaves on the bottom and only have new growth up top. The picture of it decorate at christmas looked good?? It took a sudden turn! I'll see if lisa will come on.
i don't know a whole lot about plant, but my guess would be that the fertilizer might have burned it, and it may have been mildly frozen. - it looks like it will survive since some green leaves are coming it, but it still might go through some ugly shedding, but what do i know.
praying for you sara, hope that baby comes out smoothly and quickly!
Amanda Irene said…
Well my friend lisa said that if it got cold then it a goner. It it got heat stroke it may make it. It's gonna lose those leaves that are brown. She said is the bark squishy or soft? Thats bad. She has saved a lot of plants from the grave but, she said this one she has never had any luck with. She tried to take a cutting off it too?!?
Amanda Irene said…
Hope that baby and mom are happy and healthy! Looking forward to the pics!
WE WANT PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT!