Christians, Discuss Politics

When I run in Christian circles, conferences, meetings....mostly I find everyone avoids the subject of politics. Too confrontational for Americans, or combative. Which is not true here in Germany, where I have been living, since moving from California. I am still American, that is why I comment on these subjects. In fact, my friend who is studying to be a Dr. over here, could openly declare she was against abortion, in class, facing little retribution, disagreements, but not the fury that is found in American media, and political commenting. What happens if we don't grow up and start discussing this stuff? When any subject is put under the carpet, what happens? A lot of times the very worst thing possible for all involved ensues. Christians need to get involved in that sphere. Isaiah 32:1-3 "Behold, a king will reign righteously And princes will rule justly. Each will be like a refuge from the wind And shelter from the storm, Like streams of water in a dry country, Like the shade of a huge rock in a parched land. Then the eyes of those who see will not be blinded, And the ears of those who hear will listen." We are the ones responsible for the outcome. Not republicans, not democrats...and, gratefully, that whole dynamic is changing, anyway. Christians, yes Christians are the ones responsible. 2 Chronicles 7:14 "If my people, who are called by name, will humble (usually what keeps us out of these subjects is not humility) themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." We need to discuss well, hear other views, respect others, as stupid as we think their views are. I can't tell you the number of times I've looked in the comments of a political post and have been enlightened to a viewpoint I had not concerned myself with before. For the most part, the comments are horrible, name calling, unintellectual, ventings. But it happened, just yesterday, as I read a "Reach Records" (found in the links) article. I was enthusiastic over the things I DID agree with, and I even came away with a respect for Joshua Dubois and his progressive views because I could have a better sense of where he was coming from<----- not happening in our culture. I'm not progressive. I think just about everything the government touches turns to clay....but I could see. I could see. Christians can not see if we turn off the subject, and we will reap the outcome. We must #cultivate discussion.

Comments