Jude and a Lesson on Hell

They are like wild waves of the sea, churning up the foam of their shameful deeds. They are like wandering stars, doomed forever to blackest darkness. Jude 1:13


I was watching a program on T.V. yesterday after a long walk of pushing two boys, one in a stroller, the other "holding" onto the stroller with backward force. I put the munchkins down for a nap and crashed on the couch.  

The program was about planets.  I usually have to have my sensors on to weed out the prepositional...um no, presupposing evolutionary theory that makes it's way into these programs, but it was mostly just informational, observational science, very interesting. 

Sometimes I wonder why God made such a big expanse of universe. Louie Giglio does a great presentation on the greatness of our God.  Just thinking about how God holds the entire universe boggles my mind.

Back to the program.  It was about these planets, planets that the scientists have a name for, but I forgot what it was. These planets just free float out into space. They once rotated around a sun/star and were literally tossed off of their orbits and sent out into darkness.  That was very interesting to me as I consider what Jude says about those destined (define that your way, I suppose) for this kind of separation. 

Separation from belonging, from meaning, from order, from warmth, from God, our star, our center, our great Son of God.  I confess I get complacent.  I confess I think mostly of myself, but somehow those wandering planets in darkness yesterday brought me perspective.



Do you feel the pressure?  Do you feel the need to share the love of God with others? Oh connected one, you who know our great God, you, who have met Jesus Christ?  "Connect" others to Jesus Christ.  Healer, helper, friend, forgiver, Father....Savior.  Go!

Comments