The Brighter Side of a Birthday Bust

2 people wished me a "Happy Birthday"....on my birthday.  My husband was one of them, and my friend Gaby (who is a mom of a 4 year old struggling with cancer-PRAY).  I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, but there is a brighter side.

Here are the flowers John got me.  Beautiful, huh?


The pumpkins are carved.  Can you guess who is my Tigger and who is my Pooh Bear?
Teeth.  Finally got him to not scream while trying to take the flippin' photo.



The brighter side?  I only had to endure my birthday one day.  Life goes on.

The song above is my "version" of Shaun Groves song "Down Here", though it is a not finished/polished.  It occurred to me that the song speaks for itself (I wish I had written it- not very many like that) and, after attempting to record it a dozen times, I chose to take myself less seriously.  Spend my time on other things.  Kind of like wallowing in self pity.  Off to those other things.

BUY the album. It's worth the mo. I just recently got the USB all figured out to play the album in our car.  I can't sit in front of a computer screen and listen to new stuff.  I get antsy.  Can you believe, when I first heard the Adele CD (21), I hated it???  It was only until I played it in the kitchen while I was cooking that I said to myself, "Self! you are crazy!" So, I don't know, maybe I have to multitask to really take in new tunes.

Comments