Kitchen Stuff...etc.

Lots of things have been going on, and nothing at the same time. I'm just
struggling with creativity, maybe, or maybe it's just that I think the everyday stuff is sort of boring to everyone else.

We are six weeks out from the baby coming and the house being finished.  Yes, both at the same time.  So, since I'm not going to be able to see much other than my stomach looking down in a short while, we've decided to start packing what we can.  We have A LOT to do, I'm sure that those of you who have ever moved your whole family can relate, especially my military friends. 

My mom is coming out shortly before the baby is due and staying for 4 weeks.  She's coming the day after I go, Lord willing, to a Casting Crowns concert.  The ticket is already bought.  I'm hoping and praying that this kid holds off which leaves whether or not I should be drinking my Raspberry Leaf tea and taking warm baths (98 degrees) up for questioning.  I'm praying about labor, that I would take it better than the last time. Pretty much anything will probably be better than last time, though I didn't kill anyone, I did scream "bloody murder".  Honestly, I can't remember a time that I felt so far away from God.  Does that sound weird?  However, after it was done, there was an overwhelming peace. We'll see.  At least I know what to expect. It's no cake walk.

The house is on hold right now because the top layer of cement in the house is drying. So, that would be why there have been few pictures taken.  We have been working on getting estimates for the wallpapering and the painting.  There is usually a layer (not color printed) of wallpaper that goes up before painting.  Praise the Lord we found someone that sounds like he isn't going to break the bank, and I can have as many colors as I want!  I have 9 picked out. 



Here are the kitchen colors or molding (?) that we have picked out.  One interesting thing in Germany is that people take their kitchens with them to their new house or apartment.  So, maybe that will explain the different style.  In the pics above you'll see the wood look and a cream (crema) color.  That's the combination that we decided to finally settle on.  We went to a company that specializes in kitchens.  A small company that we are happy to support.

Another boring, exciting thing that happened was that John bought me a Bosch mixer for my birthday (Oct. 20th).  LOVE IT.  It's easier now to include Keane a little bit, though it's still a battle to be quicker than he is at grabbing things he doesn't need to be touching.



Comments