Food Glorious Food!

Have any of you seen the newer Oliver Twist film? pretty good, huh? We just watched it for the first time recently.

Anywho.....have you noticed the little menu planner on the right? You might be thinking it's just another way to draw attention to myself, but really, I put it up there hoping I could create discussion and recipe swappage (nope- you won't find that one on spell checker). I just know there are other dear friends out there interested in putting quality food on the table. I'm looking for comments like, "Sara, did you really make that, and how did you get your kid to put it in his mouth?", or "what on earth is that, recipe please", or "I tried that and it bombed", or "I have a great recipe for that, here, it will rock your world." So, comments are welcomed. BTW, I really need a vegetarian recipe for our Indian friend that is coming on Friday (or might be coming). I would like the recipe to not be Indian, as she is from India. Anybody have one?

Pictures to come from our Christmas tree adventure. One tree stand already broken. I'll just put it that way.

Lastly!!!!!!!!!!! What is your favorite Christmas Cookie Recipe? Saturday the 19th, there will be a flock of ladies here to trade cookies with. I've decided on Pretzel Presses (the one with caramels and pecans, except that I can't get caramels, so I'm going to use Reisens), Peanut Butter Fudge, Cranberry Hootycreeks (I just love the name, that's all), Amish Ginger Cookies, and Linzer Cookies. I'm not going to find Duncan Hines here, so I'll have to come up with something else for the dough.

Keane and I have A LOT of baking to do next week. :) Looking forward to your responses. Leave a link, if you can.

Comments

Kara said…
This recipe looks very close to one we've tried and loved- except mine calls for a little almond extract in the filling. It makes all the difference.

http://www.suntimes.com/recipes/cookies/30044,foo-news-bswap25r.recipe
you mean for the hooty booty ones?