Baby News

I'm one centimeter dilated! Doc says, however, that she doesn't think he'll come in the next week.

Here's a song I wrote to the tune of "Leaving on a Jet Plane".... Some have seen it. John said I should post it. So why not?



Come On Baby

My bag is packed
I'm ready to go
7 pounds of baby have taken their toll
I hate to think of another
Sleepless night.

But no waters are breaking
no pain in my back
it seems that baby
is taking a nap
doesn't he know the due date
is close enough?

Come on baby
It's time to leave now
Rent is up
Mama wants to breath now
Oh babe, you really gotta go.

My husband is snoring.
as I stare at the ceiling
I smile when I feel the baby kicking,
Just wish it wasn't
3 o' clock in the morning.

Chorus

Where are my toes?
I can't seem to find 'em.
Maternity clothes?
I grew out of them.
Don't ask what size underwear I'm wearing.

Chorus


Comments

Amanda Irene said…
Hhah!!! GREAT!!! LOVE IT!! wow 1 centimeter!!! You go girl! How exciting! Once again diggin the tunes!! And these exclimation pionts!!!!! Weee!! Time for bed! Six kids have sucked my sensiblities out of me!
Deb said…
Hey don't get too excited about that one centimeter. I've been 2 centimeters for three weeks!

Love your poem...as I read it, it just happens to be 3am here, my husband is snoring, I can't feel my toes, and yes, I was staring at the ceiling until I came over to the computer.

Love' ya'
Hang in there, Sara!
I'm just basing my excitement on others that were in labor 12 hours to get 1 centimeter (or maybe 2) during their first pregnancy.
I prayed for encouragement, and the Lord gave it to me, but then my hubby started talking to the Doc about inducing. I wasn't very happy about the idea.

I'm trying to stay as far away as possible from pitocin (sp?).
Kara said…
Go ahead and get excited about 1 cm! I would! It's all progress, he's coming! I would like to encourage you with a little story- with my Adam my water broke at 3:50 am- woke me right up! And he popped out at 5:01am. It's a good thing we only lived 8 blocks from the hospital!
Amanda Irene said…
Yeah and petocin (sp)? is your freind!! Neither of my kids would have come out without it. They start the machine at 1 and work their way up. I asked what the top was with #2kid and she said oh 12. I was at 24 5hours later. Both my kids took 10 hours or so. #2 was induced from a cold start, ten days early, he was 8 13. #1 was on my due date after my water broke. Some women talk about it like a crowbar was used to open their cervics. Dialation hurts either way. By the time I got to the hospital and sat doing nothing for 5 hours I wanted what ever would make that kid come out! Hang in there.

On a side note "you belong to me" wouldn't play??
that's weird, I got it to play. I just had to wait a couple of times for it to download.
Amanda Irene said…
just me then. I did notice some of the tracks I downloaded played great for the first few minutes then went out the next few.
that is so cute sara. you are so talented. for some reason i can't remember the tune of that song. maybe you can video yourself winging it.
Amanda-
still, that's frustrating. I really like that song. Sorry about that.

Janelle- we'll see what I can 'wing'.
Anonymous said…
Hi Sara,
Just got back and read your blog. stay cool. Every extra day inside is good for him! dont induce until you REALLY want to :)

Praying for you!!!!!

CARMEN
Amanda Irene said…
Sara, Can I interest you in a game of tag? We play recipe tag etc. why not this? Check my blog.