Spring has Sprung


In Germany, things are coming to life again. With this springing of Spring comes the inevitable turning of the tide, if you will. For some it means a change of scenery, for some better weather means more exercise. For my husband it means CYCLING. Yet others, like myself, are overwhelmed with subject of upkeep. For so long I could look at my windows and justify not cleaning them because it would rain soon, but as the sun glares through the spots, I melt into submission.



I told John not to turn the girl's heads with his leotard, but he informed me, when he got back that, all the ladies he saw were over sixty. Sooo...?




One of the interesting things about my windows is that there is a shade (built in) on the outside of them (every one). This helps keep out the heat and the cold which windows are so good at conducting, but it adds another element to clean. No screens, however. Last year I didn't clean the bottom half of two of my windows, because of the difficulty it took to get to them. The other windows I could open to the other side (you can kind of see above), but this year I "jimmy rigged" a solution.


I should have been a cast member on My Big Fat Greek Wedding, because I'm of a strong opinion that Windex can cure what ails ya. (It just occurred to me that this is not the most exciting post, but it is to me! ) Another problem is the never ending terrace. Look at the weeds!


I am in desperate need to revamping the whole kit AND ka-bootle. I got some good advise from my mother.


Deck Planters and benches and inviting deck chairs would definitely break up
the walls and make the patio more interesting. Think of it as a room. Make
it inviting and comfortable. Some place where you can have your morning
coffee, read the paper or a book. Look out your window and make the room
pretty where you see it the most. (That would be the living room.) Remember
you have to store the soft things and you want it low maintenance. So look
at Wrought Iron and metal framed chairs with soft cushions. The chairs you
can cover with plastic and the cushion you can store inside.

Have Fun!!! Love Mom


Isn't she great!




So here's one window that is cleaned and decorated.




We've got some friends coming over for Thai food, so I better get cracking. No all of this will not get done today. I'm given myself until the end of next week to get the yard and the house spring cleaned. (I guess I'm the boss of this procedure, I don't hear any arguments.)



Comments

your windows look really nice. (mine are a disaster. kalynn, paul, & preston love to climb on the couch and get their little fingers all over the windows.)

i love you,

janelle
Genns said…
Your place looks beautiful! I haven't quite gotten into the "spring cleaning spirit" quite yet. It's aweful to do it, but it sure feels good when it's done! Keep up the good work. By the way, I think your deck is awesome - your mom is right, it would be so nice to have coffee out there in the mornings.
how much does one do for spring cleaning? That's what I want to know. I keep saying this, but you guys can come out any time!!! My bro. is coming out in May, so that's nice.