A little update. My husband is shaving and I have a full day, but right now I have a few minutes, so here goes. First of all, false alarm on the new bill. Sometimes it's really bad that I can't read German. The insurance company was apologizing for sending the such and such amount bill, and wanted it back. So we tore up the place looking for the original copy, but we were happy to do it.

I broadened my horizons today, and made Sambar and Idly which is kind of what you see in the picture, except that mine was not as pretty and neither was my kitchen after it was all said and done. It is a healthy breakfast, but a pain in the kiester. It's basically a glorified vegetable soup and steamed rice cakes, except you can't just open a can of campbell's.

So maybe this is something that I could make on a Saturday and then carry it over during the week (i.e. leftovers). The rice cakes are relatively simple. I am afraid to adopt any kind of system, however, 'cause inevitably it doesn't work and I get discouraged. Maybe every other week?

(this is a trailer from yesterday's post BTW)




Comments