Almond Blossom Festival


Every year in Germany (or at least in the Pfalz) they celebrate what is called Almond Blossom season. From the following pictures, you can see why.


Last year we went with our friends (or we met them there), Ansgar and Yvonne. They were both in our wedding just weeks before. Since, we haven't had our first year anniversary yet (next Saturday!!!), this year's festival came a little early because of the mild weather.

It was a little bit of a hike to get to where we were going and dumby me wore my stupid shoes, otherwise known as clogs. So I sounded like a horse on pavement and tried to avoid twisting my ankle in the dirt.

I didn't really plan on wearing a shirt to match the scenery, but I did. Here's our classic self portrait (it's our tradition every time we go somewhere).

Germans are great at finding some reason to celebrate. New wine, October Fest (beer), Stadt Fest, Christmas Markt, Wurst Markt, on and on. How do they celebrate? Pretty much the same way for every occasion, benches, people, wine, food (flam kuchen, bratwurst), talking and eating. Nothing wild or crazy, just chilling out for hours with fam. and friends.







Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



Not too sure what these kids were doing or what the object of the game was, but that is the great thing about kids. They don't have to have one! I don't know if you can tell, but the ball is connected to wire that holds up grape vines. Poor grape vines.


Comments

Anonymous said…
I think we could learn something here from the Germans...I think we need to celebrate more things here in the States. I loved your comment on my blog with the Bratweurstville. Do you really eat Bratweurst frequently? I have German heritiage, Dietrich, duh..perhaps that is why I love those tasty sausages!
they are a ton times better over here, in my estimation. at every shin dig there is bound to be bratwurst and it seems like there is something going on every month. I usually just have it when we go to a get together. there are white ones, dark ones, the list is extensive.