Praise the Lord!


So, we're leaving for India on Tuesday, Lord willing. This is attempt #2. I just wanted to share a few praises with you guys, in regards to the past year. John and I have seen God do amazing things! There is no reason not to shout out praise. What better way than via this blog world.

Some of you know that I had an operation (actually, most of you). I can safely say the vast majority of you know about the bills that something like that acquires. John, in particular, has been stretched a lot on this point. Indians are known for their frugality. Getting married was a challenge, financially, (and in other ways) after being single for so long, let alone major surgery.

Right after surgery, we were not entirely sure that we were going to be covered by our insurance. The insurance company had their radar working overtime, wondering why it was that I, just the previous month, had a check up with no sign of a cyst before I got insurance, and then, the minute I got insurance show up with a massive cyst requiring immediate attention. If I were them, I would be a little suspicious too, but John and I knew we weren't trying to hide anything, it simply was not "caught"; it was all above the table. We just trusted that the Lord would provide, and he did!

About a couple of months later we discovered that we had another bill, just as unexpected, due to services the Dr. had given, mostly because he is a "big wig" and because "dumby me" signed a German document saying that I would pay it. In my defense, I was drugged, and I don't know a lick of German. Not fair! :) This was a heavy weight on John, as he takes full responsibility of finances right now, and wants to have the little "ducks in order" before we go to India. We prayed and petitioned the Lord to have mercy upon us. We showed up at the Dr. office in hopes of pleading with him, which never happened, because he sent a message to us via the secretary that we need not worry about it. Praise the Lord!!! John was so overwhelmed that he stopped mid stair case and just tried to take it all in, he was overwhelmed with gratitude. I made him move along for fear that he was going to get admitted to the looney bin. Yep, I'm the spiritual one of the two, clearly. John asked, can we bring him a loaf of banana bread?

Finally, yes, we have so many things to be grateful for. As you know, we were suppose to leave for India last week. Welp, John discovered that I needed a visa. It never crossed our minds. We can't figure out why we were so lame, exactly, but we have a good idea. John thought that if we didn't show up for our flight it would be deemed as canceled. Not so, of course it was considered a "no show." John heard the bad news from our travel agent, when we were down getting my visa in Munich (it's worth the drive just for the hot chocolate), that he would most likely have to pay double the amount, chh...emm, that is 1,500 Euros times 2. Yikes!! There goes my car! J/K. The cool thing is that the travel agent offered to lie to the airline on our behalf (okay, that's not the cool part). John said "nope, don't lie." Instead of the travel agent writing John off as a weirdo, he told John how much he respected him for the steps he is making to integrate with the German culture and was curious about his faith! After a phone call, we found out that we won't have to pay double, just an extra 400 Euros. You guessed it, another loaf of banana bread and a tract for the travel agent, delivered in person. Pray for Ed Soerensen.


Oooo....time to end this dissertation. We hope that you were blessed by this simple story of our great God's provision. Until Feb. Have fun.

Comments

sara, that is so amazing! wow, God is so amazing! praise the LORD!!!! wow! what a blessing to read.

i will miss you! have fun in india!

janelle
Cummings Family said…
Sarah, Thanks for the great reminder of God's greatness and mercy! Have fun in India, your life is such an adventure!!
D and S said…
Awesome story! And I love all of the banana bread! :) Dan said that Jon is perfect for you! Enjoy your visit to India! I hope it is wonderful and memorable! Can't wait to hear how it went!
Kelli said…
Praise the Lord for how He has provided for you and has worked out so many of the details for you to go to India. Thanks for sharing and have a wonderful time in India!!
Anonymous said…
Sara!!!!!!!!!!

That is so what God does over and over again!

God has been answering my prayers left and right lately,too. Sometime I'll have to share them with you.

May God keep you and John in harmony and peace on your trip to India. An may the in-laws treat you nice. :)

Deb P.
Sauers said…
Awesome! God is so good to provide for us so much more than we could ever imagine and when we don't expect it! Hope everything goes well for you in India!
Ruth
Anonymous said…
Sara- I came across your blog from greg dietrich's site. i'm glad you're doing so well. praise God for His provision. He is so good.
Ashley
www.bgash.info
hey ashley,

i finally figured out who your are and I'm excited!

no comments on your website, huh?