New Year's Agenda Postponed

Welp, did you guys have a good New Year's celebration? We did! We hung out with a group of Americans and brought in the New Year in the right sort of fashion, complete with chips, guacamole (John ate most of it, he loves it), and fireworks. Let me emphasize works of fire. You never know what is going to happen when boys (not mine) get the pyro bug. My boy was happy throwing down those snapping, cracking, things that look like little white spider's eggs. What are they called?

Every party has it's pooper! He is still cute. Here he is waiting for the fun to begin. We played a couple of rounds of Cranium waiting for the appropriate time to start lighting things that burst into flames. The most dangerous thing that I lit, was a sparkler. I know, scary.


By the time we got to the fireworks most of the group had left. I am kind of glad that there were not more people to look out for 'cause it was scary. The whole street was lined with people shooting off their works. The Germans are pros! It looked amazing. Nevermind spending 15 clams to get into some kind of stadium in your home town. Come to Germany!
These fireworks were captured kind of weirdly, I kept turning the camera (duh!). Hope you don't mind.
First, I have to say that this is a really weird picture of me and John from last night. I look a little "star struck". Well, I guess that term is appropriate. Anywhoooo, I look outside today while making chile for tonight's New Year's Celebration Part II, and the street is littered with wrappings that once covered the little tiny colorful bombs. I am sure Andrew and Ashleigh's street is worse.

Oh, about India. A little issue of a Visa came up and John and I can't go (Lord willing) until next week. It's a good thing, kinda, 'cause I need a doctor's appointment. Ohhh....another firework went off. For pete's sake, it's broad daylight and hailing!!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Comments

Sarah C said…
Hey, Sara! I just saw your comment on Ruth Sauers blog--I'm so excited to hear from you (albeit indirectly) anyway, I'm blogging too, and great to hear your life is good and crazy and happy! (this is "Brackett" by the way)
Cummings Family said…
Sara,
Happy new year! The fireworks look like a lot of fun:)
D and S said…
So, a doctor's appt and you're looking a little star-struck....hmmm....any news?!?!
nope, I've been sick for a week with the "runs" (sorry if this is grossing anyone out). They seem to have subsided, so I might not go. I'm gonna do the PT, even though I had a visit, but I had "it" late. Don't know what is up, right now I feel like I could throw up. Maybe I better eat something.
Sarah!
this is just not good enough, as far as communication. I want to know all about your life since graduation. :(
Katie Barker said…
Happy New Year, sound like a great time.
D and S said…
Thanks for the update! :) Let me know what the PT says....Hope you feel better. ( I had the flu over Christmas too....thought maybe i was expecting, but no! Phew!)
wow sara, lots of "news" not only on your blog but in the comments as well.

happy new year. i wish you guys lived by us. i miss you,

janelle
Anonymous said…
Ah, New Years was a wonderful time...and very loud. My ears were ringing for a long time afterwards. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip to India. It has been great to get to know you guys this little bit. Hopefully we'll get to see you before we take off from Heidelberg. I hope so. Enjoy you're time meeting the in-laws! Tom hasn't met my dad or stepmom yet, so I can understand how you feel!

Megan