Judges has come to Fruition EDITED

Our Judges class has ended and with it 5 realizations have submerged.

So, 5 things I've learned.

1. Judges is pertinent to today (much to the surprise of many, sadly, including myself)
2. the same God that worked with fallible men back then can work through fal
lible me.
3. no matter how bad things get, God is not paceing the floor, He Has A Plan!
4. In case you were wondering if God's blue prints can be edited by us, not really, though we can choose the hard way, sometimes.

5. God's heart is with His children.
This is a picture of us. The one in the back is not suppose to be in it (Sherri !!)


Some of the other things that I learned were political, and there is no need to open that "can of worms". So, haphazardly moving on.....

We celebrated the end of our Bible study by partaking in a Christmas party with another group of military Christian women, on a different base (across town). I loaded Gertie in the car and headed to "Paul Revere Village" or something like that, and 15 minutes later found myself in a long line of cars waiting to get on base (everyone is checked, you know, the whole 9/11 thing?). I , ever so nonchalantly, looked into my glovebox to pull out my Passport from it's stationary spot, and to my surprise, not a stir of a Passport was to be heard. AUGHH!

All hope was lost (this is the story of my life, I lose everything). I was suppose to meet my friend Cindy, so I waited to tell her the bad news that I would not be attending the festivities and add a tear to my eye, if I could muster it up (JK). I had a little chit chat with the gate guy, who felt sorry for me, but lo, not enough to let me in. All I had was a international driver's license. I had resigned myself to the idea that that was not enough.

Cindy showed up like a knight on a horse, or she could have been any heroic icon, nonetheless, she percieved that my international license was enough especially since I found the picture in it that I thought it was void of. The gate man bought the story as well, when she swore on her life that she would be responsible for me. He gave her a look like, "have fun with the terrorist, here's the driver's license back, and have a jolly holly night."

We had a great time. We started with a "share time", if you will. There were a few of us crazy enough to sing in front of a lot of people, but the whole thing was great, as ladies shared what was on their heart, and then we ATE!


This is our British, Catholic, animal lover, gardener friend! Her name is Margeret. I don't know what she is looking at, but I'm sure it was interest worthy.

These are a couple of my friends. One is Cindy (the hero) and with her is LaTrisha.

Thanks for the span of attention you gave this post, and still, Happy Holidays one and all!

Comments

what a funny story sara. i am glad you made it on the base!

merry christmas!

janelle