Oh Christmas Tree...our 1st Christmas Tree, etc.











ODE TO CHRISTMAS TREE MAN

'Tis the Season!
The dawn of Autumn's night,
has come again, and
with it a cheery light,
though not a ray of sun.

You and your rows of
yuletide offerings,
bestowed so great an
influence on my love and I,
that we return again
with bright and sugarplumed eyes.

So share your evergreen
blessings, and we'll hand over the
cash.
With the speed of a dog's
tail, we can even take home
our gift fully wrapped.

No matter where we find
our decoration unchanging.
No, Christmas is never done
without it.
We could never find so many
choices
were it not,
for the
Christmas Tree Man.


I figured I better write something for a man that thought I was going to put his picture in the newspaper (I was taking a lot of pictures). In all seriousness he asked me if he would be in the paper. 'Well...for one, it wouldn't be in a language you could understand, buddy."

I thought he was pretty neat, even if I didn't understand what he was so enthusiastic about until John told me. Whew! I am glad John was there. As usual, I just stood there, camera in hand, with a blank look on my face, obviously not responding to this guy in a way he expected. Oh well.

We had a great and tireing day. The house is almost ready for the Open House. I'll try to post some pictures in a timely fashion, after the shin-dig is over.


Comments

Anonymous said…
You are hilarious!!! You and your goofy poem about the Christmas tree dude, too funny!
I was especially touched by:
"So share your evergreen blessings, and we'll hand over the cash." Priceless. :-)

Alrighty, I'm looking forward to your holiday shindig pics.
hi sara, how fun a christmas tree!

we got your card/picture today! you and john are on our fridge! thank you so much!

merry christmas to you too!

i love you!

janelle