The Rents

These pictures are not in order, but I love having my parents out here. The first one is of Neuschwanstein Castle outside of Fussen.
Did you ever wonder where Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was filmed? No? Well, some of it was filmed here in Rothenburg, the cutest medieval town ever.
And this is my cute Mama. We got to walk around on the wall for quite a distance.
John and the parents. I just love 'em.
"This is the closest I'll ever get to hell." This is a picture of a tavern named "to Hell".

So, my parents came out for about ten days and all e-mail and blog communication has had to cease. I loved every minute, though I was pretty nervous at the onset. For some reason I felt the need to impress my parents with my decorating abilities and cleanliness, well, all that huff amounted to nothing, but a frustrated husband. Hopefully, by God's grace, I'll learn there is more to life. John is pretty good about keeping me on the ground concerning that stuff.
I would have to say that the highlights of them being here were the quiet times. Don't get me wrong, I loved seeing Munich (my dad especially loved the beer), I liked eating out (A LOT), I love the history, but nothing compares to fellowship.
If any of you come out to see us, we will definitly DO things, but prepare yourself for a "slow down," vacation time, in the true sense.

Comments

Kelli said…
Hey Sarah...I came across your blog and thought I would say hi! Hope you are completely recovered from your surgery. How nice that must have been to have your parents visit you! Heston was in Germany this past summer for a missions trip with Northland. They played a bunch of soccer games and got to go to one of the world cup games! Hope all is going well for you! Take care!
Kelli (Clingerman)& Heston Frey
Kelli said…
Hey Sarah...Heston was in Erlangen this past summer. He has a bunch of pictures he did on a blog he did for that trip: http://nbbcws.blogspot.com/
See if you recognize anything! Good luck in conquering the German language. Dr. Raske read a postcard that Heston got in the mail from one of his buddies in Germany...the guy doesn't know English but it is cool that they have a common bond: Jesus Christ. Have a great rest of the week!!
Unknown said…
Hey there dear--The pictures are just gorgeous. Of course it makes me want to come visit! I'm glad you had such a nice time with the 'rents! Love, Selena
I don't recognize that name, Kelli. That tells you how much I have, yet, to explore. I'm about to check out the sight. Thanks for the link.